This policy explains how Liberty Personal Training use your personal information when you submit your data via the website or directly to the company. It also describes how long that information is kept and the circumstances in which we might disclose it to a third party. The information that we hold is used solely to enable us to run the company effectively and manage our relationship with you.
Personal information we hold
The personal information we hold includes: Name, address, date of birth, telephone number(s), email address, gender & information submitted on the PAR (pre activity readiness) questionnaire.
How we use personal information.
Liberty Personal Training will use your personal information purely for the purposes of program design and communication about Liberty Personal Training. The information provided will be used to:
- Communicate with you regarding your program and sessions.
- Communicate with you regarding forthcoming events.
- Communicate with you about joining community websites run by Liberty Personal Training.
Your information will only be accessed and processed only by authorised representatives of Liberty Personal Training who are directly involved in the management and administration of Liberty Personal Training and have a legitimate need to access your information.
Length of time we keep information
Your personal information will be retained by Liberty Personal Training for a period of 3 years after the date you finish working with Liberty Personal Training. After this time, your details will be destroyed.
Protection of your personal information
We take the privacy of our clients and potential clients very seriously. Access to systems that hold personal membership information is restricted to authorised personnel through the use of unique identifiers and passwords. Your information is stored on systems that are protected by secure network architectures and are backed-up on a regular basis (to a second secure location) for disaster recovery and continuity purposes and to avoid the risk of inadvertent erasure or destruction.
Sharing personal information
We have links with British Cycling and Colets Health and Fitness Club. These third parties will process membership information in accordance with our instructions and make decisions regarding the information as part of the delivery of their services. They are also required to put in place appropriate security measures that ensure an adequate level of protection for personal information.
In some circumstances, disclosures of personal information to the police (and other law enforcement agencies) are permitted if they are necessary for the prevention or detection of crime and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. Each police request to VC Colets is dealt with on a strictly case by case basis to ensure that any such disclosure is lawful and proportionate.
Liberty Personal Training may also disclose small elements of your personal information to a third party:
- Where we have your explicit consent
- Where we are required to do so in order to allow you to have access to ride information, such as on a Facebook page
- In an emergency where the health or personal security of a member is at risk
- Where we are required to do so by law (e.g. in response to a court order, or to assist with investigations carried out by HM Revenue and Customs, the Department for Work and Pensions, Job Centre Plus, the Child Support Agency, or local authorities)
- In connection with the National Fraud Initiative (NFI) data matching exercise carried out by the National Audit Office, which is intended to prevent/detect crime and protect public funds
- If it is necessary to do so in order to defend our legal rights.
Your personal data will not be transferred outside of the UK.
How to access personal information
Please make all access requests to Libby Ferguson. See below for contact details.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. These include:
- The right to request access to data we hold on you
- The right to rectification if the data that we hold is incorrect or outdated
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing or withdraw your consent for processing at any time
- The right to data portability (transfer to another data processor)
- The right to object to data processing
- The right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data. You may also complain to the data processor named below.
Legal basis for processing your information
We process your data on the legal basis of ‘legitimate interest.’ We believe that it is in the interests of our clients to hold the information that we have detailed above in order to run our club effectively.
Identity and contact details of data processor
The person with overall responsibility for data processing Liberty Personal Training is Libby Ferguson, email@example.com, 07782 546604.